Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pupae!

I got my first Pupae!!!! Only took two days! I lucked out! I sorted through the rest of the colony and didn't see any other ones. But I will check again tomorrow. 

Hes very squirmy and I just moved him/her to the second bin. I put oats in (even though pupae don't eat until hatching it just seemed like it needed something in there. I also covered it with a tp roll. Seemed like dark would be the most comfy to a non crawling thing. So hopefully in a few weeks I will have my first beetle! 




Checked on the worms and they are looking good. Very wiggly and getting plump. They almost finished off the potato so I will most likely discard that tomorrow and put a fresh one in. The carrot is completely gone. I also picked out all the shedded skins and set two sickly looking worms in the corner of the bin.



No comments:

Post a Comment